United States Agency for International Development (USAID), John Snow International (JSI)
Health Department-Govt. of Sindh, Rural Support Programmes Network (RSPN)
07 districts of Sindh i.e. Sukkur, Shikarpur, Kamber-Shahdadkot, Larkana, Shaheed Benazir Abad, Naushoro Feroz and Khairpur.
March 01 to Septmber 15, 2022
Identification and sensitisation of un-vaccinated population from catchment areas of COVID Vaccination Centers and referrals for COVID-19 vaccination services.
The project will support the provincial governments to increase demand of COVID-19 vaccination in low performing Union Councils. JSI will support the provincial departments of health by establishingCOVID-19 Vaccination Centres (CVC)to increase vaccination coverage
The implementation phase of the project is focused on the identification and sensitisation of the un-vaccinated population from catchment areas of COVID Vaccination Centers (CVC) and referrals for COVID-19 vaccination services.
NCOC has approved its strategy for COVID-19 vaccination of people above 12 years of age, hence the targeted population for the project will be men, women, and children (Boys and Girls) above 12-years of age. COVID-19 vaccination drive was first initiated in large urban cities and towns, hence the vaccination rate is higher in urban towns while urban slums and rural areas to mobilize eligible populations above 12 years from poor communities for COVID-19 vaccination services. There will also be some people from targeted areas who have already received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine but do not have the second dose. Field teams will also trace such people and will convince them to full vaccination. As per the guidelines of NCOC, the proposed project will also focus on the promotion of booster shots.
- Advocacy conducted with key influencers to mobilise the community for the promotion of COVID-19 vaccination among unvaccinated people (above 12 years of age).
- Advocacy with key influencers in urban areas.
- Advocacy with Education Department, School Management, Factory/Industry Owners/Prison Management.
- Advocacy with Leaders of Local Support Organizations-LSOs/CBO.
- Demand creation &interpersonal communication, identification, and referrals of un-vaccinated people for COVID-19 vaccination from the target population.
- Awareness sessions, identification, and referrals through Local Support Organizations, Local Female Community Mobilizers, and Community Resource Persons.
- Awareness sessions by field teams (social mobilizers and field community mobilizers)
- Awareness sessions in Schools/Colleges/Universities and Madrassahs.
Awareness sessions with market committees/shop keepers/working eligible children in the markets to mobilize the out-of-school children for vaccination.
- Address misconceptions about COVID-19 vaccinaitons.
- Facilitate outreach vaccination services for vaccination of un-vaccinated population in the target district.
- Coordination meetings with the Department of Health to Develop Outreach Plans
- Provide support to vaccinations for organizing vaccination through outreach interventions and follow up visits in the villages, markets, and education institutions.
- Announcements in Masjids and megaphone announcements on the day of vaccination through outreach interventions.
- Targeted approach to address refusal in the targeted communities.