Global Fund for Aids,Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
National Rural Support Program (NRSP)
Larkana and Kamber-Shahdadkot
Jan-2021 to Dec-2023
The overall objective of the intervention is to assure and sustain > 80% coverage for the provision of prompt and reliable malaria diagnosis and treatment services in public and private health facilities and community level and to reduce malaria transmission, incidence and prevalence by 20% .
- NRSP is working as Private Sub Recipient [SR] with Directorate of Malaria control Program (DoMC) Islamabad from 2005 in Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balouchistan in various grant periods. Sindh Rural Support Organization is Sub Recipient [SSR] of this programme to implement the program in District Larkana and Kambar-Shahdadkot.
- Liaison with Provincial VBDs/district health department.
- Providing antimalarial drugs to all selected health facilities.
- Weekly alert generation (Outbreak generation). To improve timely alert generation, detection and rapid response capability to cope with emergency situations for malaria epidemics.
- ANC Long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLIN) distribution through MCH centers.
- Trainings of health officials on microscopy, RDT usage, uncomplicated/complicated malaria case management new guideline according to WHO standard and MIS Tools & Outbreak.
- Providing chemical regents to microscopy centers.
- Establishment of store rooms for AMDs at district level.
- Especial attention on drugs regarding the expiry & Stock outs.
- Involving private sector in the provision of diagnosis and curative services according to the national treatment guidelines.
- Organizing the Quarterly cluster meetings of facility focal persons.
- To strengthen disease and entomological surveillance, to efficiently gather, use and disseminate data.